JOB TITLE: Head Trainer of Yoga
LINE MANAGED BY: Movement Team Lead
WORK STATUS: Permanent
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
ABOUT BLOK: We are BLOK, one of the UK's leading boutique fitness operators. BLOK is an award winning independent fitness studio, offering cross discipline classes for all levels. We opened our first site in Clapton in 2016, followed by our Shoreditch site in 2018, BLOK Manchester in 2019, BLOKspace Leyton in 2023, and relaunched our Digital On-Demand product in 2023.
The Digital Fitness market has experienced annual growth - an opportunity worth billions in a market without a clear brand leader. BLOK is a startup founded to create something new in this market. By taking great care to hire top quality trainers and develop best in class programs, BLOK has gained a loyal customer base and attracted high profile brand collaborations.
The company is now focused on growing and changing its product to be completely hybrid, creating an integrated customer experience across both in-person and digital classes, and is determined to build on its reputation as one of the world's leading studios as it scales and shifts its product.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES: As the Head Trainer of Yoga, you will be responsible for recruiting, training, and leading a team of instructors in your discipline, helping and supporting them to deliver exceptional, consistent, and innovative teaching across our London and Manchester locations and digital platform.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Lead Trainers of Yoga and the larger team of yoga instructors across London and Manchester sites
- Develop the strategy, direction, and overall offering for the discipline of Yoga across all BLOK sites and products
- Answer trainer queries and issues, while monitoring that all scheduling requests are redirected to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support with career development and skills training of existing trainers
- Contribute to class design and development for on site, on-demand, and livestream classes
- Instruct 10-12 classes per week and support on workshop development and delivery
- In coordination with the Lead Trainers, observe and review instructor classes to ensure quality and consistency
- Help foster communication between your discipline team, the larger movement organisation, and all other BLOK departments
- Monitor and maintain an excellent customer service experience in your discipline and beyond– through site visits, cross functional work flows, and
- Support the business on strategic projects and initiatives as needed
- Performance and line management of Lead Trainers of Yoga in London and MCR
- To agree and schedule 2 class assessments per quarter
- To agree and schedule 1 recruitment session for new instructors per quarter (or more as needed)
The exact breakdown of these duties will change in line with the needs of the business and will be communicated by the Movement Team Lead and Head of Movement. If this becomes unmanageable please let us know and we can source additional support.
- Significant experience teaching experience (c. 1000 hours) much of which has been spent teaching public group fitness classes
- A passion for excellent class delivery
- Excellent organisational and written skills and a commitment to following processes
- Adaptable, resilient, and positive
- Excited to be involved with a fast paced and fast growing company
- Bonus points if you have previous experience managing a team of instructors
BENEFITS: As well as being an exciting and creative environment to work within, we also offer some great benefits as part of the team:
- Full access to all BLOK studios and BLOKtv for free - great for anyone who is interested in fitness. One free membership and three discounted memberships (and free passes) for your friends. Complimentary use of our cafe when on site
- Exclusive discounts at our retail partners including clothing, lifestyle and restaurant brands across London and Manchester
- We are a company focused on the wellbeing of our employees. Our Employee Assistance Programme offers free counselling, as well as financial and legal advice to everyone who works for us
- 30 days holiday a year for full time employees (the 30 days includes public holidays in England and Wales). Plus get an extra day for each year you’ve worked for BLOK (up to a max of 35)
- Access to 6 paid company sick days a year
- A BLOK Pension (4% BLOK contribution, 3% Employee, 1% Government)
TO APPLY: Please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is 6th November.
BLOK is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Please reach out to us if you want to discuss more.