JOB TITLE: Part Time Front of House Assistant
LOCATION: Leyton/ Clapton/ Shoreditch (predominantly Leyton)
LINE MANAGED BY: General Manager
WORK STATUS: 96 hours per month, weekend work will be required
ABOUT BLOK: We are BLOK, one of the UK's leading boutique fitness operators. BLOK is an award winning independent fitness studio, offering cross discipline classes for all levels. We opened our first site in Clapton in 2016, expanded it in 2017, opened our Shoreditch site in 2018, BLOK Manchester in 2019 and launched BLOKtv, our online digital offering, in 2020. We are now opening the doors to our first BLOKspace, based in Leyton.
BLOK is a startup founded to create something new in the fitness industry. By taking great care to hire top quality trainers and develop best in class programs, BLOK has gained a loyal customer base and attracted high profile brand collaborations. The Front of House teams who work in our studios play an essential part in maintaining BLOK’s reputation as an industry leading boutique gym.
The company is now focused on growing and changing its product to be completely hybrid, creating an integrated customer experience across both in-person and digital classes, and is determined to build on its reputation as one of the world's leading studios as it scales and shifts its product.
ROLE PURPOSE: Support the successful delivery of BLOKs products and services at a site level, in line with BLOK’s ethos and values. Be part of a team helping to ensure we are running an efficient operation and providing world class customer services, that is synonymous with our brand.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all our customers
- Provide outstanding customer service; in person, over the phone and on email. This includes but is not limited to;
- Resolving customer issues
- Induct members to the site
- Respond to member complaints - directing queries to relevant members of the team from across the business
- Talk confidently about BLOK products and services
- Escalate service issues to the relevant departments throughout the business
- Carry out at other front of house duties including all cafe services, maintaining cleanliness and upkeep of changing rooms and other facilities and checking in members
- Support in the resolution of any facilities and maintenance issues
- Monitor stock levels and undertake ordering
- Assist with the inventory and ordering of equipment
- Assist with location hires
- Organise instructor cover
- Update our IMS (information management systems) to reflect changes to scheduling and cover
- Provide appropriate support to ensure BLOK is health and safety compliant at all times
- Resolve technical issues with our digital products
- Represent the brand and it’s values at all times
REQUIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service - a great communication and relationship builder. Keen to deliver an excellent experience for our customers
- Proactive and takes initiative - keen to resolve issues in an efficient and timely manner
- Tech proficient - confident working with technology and resolving technical issues
- An interest in fitness and wellbeing
- A years experience in a customer service environment
- Some experience and/or confidence resolving facilities and maintenance issues
- Some experience and/or confidence with stock management
BENEFITS: As well as being an exciting and creative environment to work within, we also offer some great benefits as part of the team:
- Full access to all BLOK studios and BLOKtv for free - great for anyone who is interested in fitness. One free membership and three discounted memberships (and free passes) for your friends. Complimentary use of our cafe when on site
- Exclusive discounts at our retail partners including clothing, lifestyle and restaurant brands across London and Manchester
- We are a company focused on the wellbeing of our employees. Our Employee Assistance Programme offers free counselling, as well as financial and legal advice to everyone who works for us
- 30 days holiday a year for full time employees (the 30 days includes public holidays in England and Wales). Plus get an extra day for each year you’ve worked for BLOK (up to a max of 35)
- Access to 6 paid company sick days a year
- A BLOK Pension (4% BLOK contribution, 3% Employee, 1% Government)
SALARY: £11.95 p/h
START DATE: ASAP
TO APPLY: Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short cover letter (no more than 200 words)
BLOK is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Please reach out to us if you want to discuss more.
Please sign in to leave a comment.