Classes at BLOK are designed to be demanding. We will guide you where we can but it is your responsibility to take care of yourself and your baby. We recommend Pilates, Barre, Dynamic Vinyasa, Yin Yoga and Yoga for Beginners however there may be other classes that are suitable for those with a stronger level of fitness.
Prior to attending classes at BLOK, please ensure the following:
- Check with your midwife or doctor before taking up any new activity.
- Please arrive early for classes and introduce yourself to the instructor so they can assist you during the class if needed.
- Please ensure that you are fit and healthy, avoid doing exercises you are unfamiliar with.
- Avoid classes that involve contact e.g. boxing.
- Depending which trimester you are in we would suggest avoiding moves that involve the core, deep twists and turns. Where possible, your instructor will offer alternative positions for you.
- Please sit out anything you are unsure or uncomfortable with.
- From 16 weeks please avoid any exercises that require you to lie on your back for any period of time.
- Stay hydrated throughout your class and ensure to warm up and cool down thoroughly.
- Find more information about exercise during pregnancy on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pregnancy-exercise/
Please note, it is at the discretion of the instructor to decide if you can take part in their class. No class at BLOK is the same and every instructor has their own style.